We hope that everyone is safe and staying healthy. Due to the unprecedented times that we are going through the Board of Directors has announced that all FC Dulles soccer activities will be put on hold until further notice.
Since we're dealing with a significant level of uncertainty, we've developed contingency plans for our Travel and REC programs. The following contingency plans are subject to change.
For our Travel program:
We will follow NCSL's lead with their contingency plans. What plan is ultimately chosen will be determined by the necessity to prioritize the health and safety of our athletes.
NCSL will reschedule as many games as possible within the current period of Spring 2020, and finish a shortened season on the current rain date of June 14.
NCSL will extend the Spring 2020 season into the summer, perhaps as late as the end of June.
NCSL will complete whatever portion of the Spring 2020 season possible and then roll-over registrations into a small-sided, 7v7 summer league during June and July.
For FC Dulles Travel Academy tryouts: evaluations will be scheduled as soon as the guidance from local authorities and health agencies determine that it is safe for us to do so. Our Technical Department is exploring alternative evaluation methods. Stay tuned for more info.
For our REC program:
We are exploring these options:
Extend the Spring season and finish a shortened season on June 13.
Reschedule the Spring season to the summer starting the week of July 6 with practices on Monday & Wednesday evenings, and Saturday mornings Jamboree. Precise times will be announced when we have an idea of coaches and field availability.
FC Dulles's intentions are to complete the Spring season with the above contingency plans and follow public health officials' recommendations and guidance that we are carefully monitoring.
This unforeseen situation is beyond the control of the participants as well as the club. While the club terms state there is a no-refund policy, we are reviewing this in light of the current scenario. The club will communicate its intentions once any alternative schedule decision is made in concert with the relevant authorities.
During these unprecedented times, let there be no doubt that as long as we work together we can get through these challenging times collectively with our loved ones and friends.